Enable displaying those error messages via setting a Windows environment variable.
- Right click the Windows Start button and choose System from the list.
- Click the Advanced system settings from the menu on the left.
- Click the button Environment Variables.
- At the System variables group, click the New button.
- Enter VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS for the variable name and set the value to 0.
- Click OK to close.
- Now click OK to close the environment variables form and OK again to close the system properties.
- Start PowerPoint again and the user can see an error message that the user can use in the further search.
- Don’t forget to set the environment variable back to value 1 or to delete the variable from the list completely whenever the problem is found and fixed.