Lumi can provide an external virtual microphone solution that is accessible from the platform.
How it works
- When a participant joins a meeting they will see the information screen which contains shareholder instructions. This screen will host a link to the virtual microphone request form. This information is hidden from guests through the HTML Markup language.
- Once a participant clicks the link they will need to allow the microphone to be used in the browser. Then enter their name and click the green button.
- They are welcomed by an operator who will authenticate the participant against a database provided by the company. If the participant has credentials to speak at the meeting the operator will instruct the participant on the next steps to enter the queue.
- Audio from the meeting will still be present when in the queue.
- When a virtual audio question request is received the Lumi operator will inform the Chair via private message service which will appear with other text-based messages.
- When the Chair calls for the audio question at the meeting, the operator will un-mute the participant's mic and they can address the meeting.
- Once the participant's question has been answered, they are either placed back into the queue for another question or disconnected.