Learn how to configure the channel and mode of a IML Click USB Receiver.
You should only need to configure the IML Click USB Receiver if you are splitting your IML Click system to be used in multiple rooms at an event or to configure it for the first time.
To change the channel and mode of an IML Click Receiver...
- Open IML Click System Manager
- Click Configure in the USB Receiver section
- You will now be able to select a new channel (1 – 31) from the drop down.
- You will now be able to select the mode (static or dynamic) from the drop down.
- Click OK once complete
There are two different types of addressing modes for IML Clicks:
Static address mode is the default setting and the one which will be used in most situations.
Static addressing can be split into two categories:
- Single Room - Where you are polling in one room or location only. The USB receiver and the IML Clicks have a specific channel number which links them together.
- Multi Room - For multi room polling USB receivers and IML Clicks have different channel numbers for different rooms so that they do not interfere with each other. For this setup IML Clicks must stay in the same room at all times as they can only register votes with the receiver in that room.
Dynamic address mode caters for situations where participants will be moving from room to room whilst keeping hold of the same IML click device.
Each room has a USB Receiver set to a unique channel number. The participant is able to connect to the USB receiver in one room to submit votes. They can then take their IML click into a different room and connect it to a different USB receiver with a different channel number to vote on polls in that room.
IML Click Receivers, by default, should be set to Channel 1 and Static unless you have multiple systems. Learn how to test the IML Click system.
Reviewed and Approved by Global Support 27/01/23