Sometimes it is necessary to perform a complete uninstall on a laptop if they have previously had Lumi or IML ViewPoint installed.
If the user is encountering issues that is not fixed by other methods we would choose a full uninstall.
The expected outcomes of the uninstall process is that the Services are remove but the folder locations remain. The following explains how to remove these to start afresh.
- Uninstall all Lumi \ IML programs and drivers from Programs and Features
- Check all Services are no longer present in Local Services
- IML Click Hub
- Lumi Services
- If present see below bullets.
- Highlight the ServiceName and then click Stop
- Run a Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type the following after the arrow ->sc delete “ServiceName” NOTE: This command will error stating “the specified service does not exist as an installed service uninstall”, however it appears to be a necessary step.
- Reboot - This completes the uninstall process and cleans up files
- Delete old files - Not essential but stops overiding data and is a cleaner install
- Go to the Windows Start Menu and delete any remaining folders
- Check the ViewPoint addin has been removed from PowerPoint. If present: File > Options > Addins > Highlight COM addins > Press Go.. > Highlight Lumi ViewPoint > Click remove
- Type Regedit into Windows search bar and right click the link and select Run as Administrator
- Delete the IML folder in: HKEY_Local_machine > Software > WOW6432NODE > IML
- Reboot the machine
- Install Lumi ViewPoint
You must have a fully licenced Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office in order to use Lumi ViewPoint.
Reviewed and Approved by Product Team